Thursday, June 08, 2006

Grateful

I am feeling a bit melancholy today. Change is a brewin'. I always have a bit of grief in letting go of the old before I can welcome the new with open arms. This time of year is always a little hard for me. I'm not always sure what to do with myself. Routines change so much, there's anticipation about what lays ahead. I was thinking back today about how it has been 3 years since I was on bed rest all summer, before having Lowell. My life was right on the verge then. I didn't know what to expect. I will never be the same again. I took a drastic turn and gave my life a whole new meaning...having children. The best decision I've ever made.

This week we've been wrapping up Lowell's special ed classes that he's had at school. In 10 short days he will begin his Autism day treatment program at St. David's. He will continue to get services through the school district, so most of his teachers will stay the same. Although one of the special ed teachers, Jan, is leaving to go work in another district. We've developed quite a relationship over the past 6 months. She has done home visits each week working with Lowell. She has invested quite a bit in helping him. It's hard to just say good-bye. We are so grateful to have had her work with Lowell. Thank you Jan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jan also played a big role in our son Will's growth over the past year. She will be missed greatly. Will looks forward to seeing Lowell at a park this summer!